Wednesday, June 29, 2011

China Glaze 108 Degrees (I'm a closet pink lover)

Today, I present China Glaze 108 Degrees from their Island Escapes collection for summer 2011.  I have to admit, that at first I didn't really want this color, I love pinks but I had lots of them.  Then I heard everyone talking about how they are having difficulty finding it in their local stores so I figured I better snatch some up while I can.  I am so glad that I did, this polish is absolutely gorgeous, I didn't want to take it off.  This is one of the few manicures that I have done that a guy, and older guy (late 40's) actually complimented me on.  I've never had a guy compliment one of my manicures before.  Sure, guys notice women's nails but I think it is considered "un-manly" to actually acknowledge that they notice them much less say something out loud about them.  It threw me for a loop and actually took me a second to say thank you because I wasn't sure I had heard him right lol.  So here we go.



shade
108 Degrees lives up to it's name, this is a hot hot hot color, it is so gorgeous.  It's a fuchsia jelly with pink and purple glass flecks in it, in the sunlight it is stunning, heck it's stunning even in the shade.

OK apparently I didn't get a sun shot, boo!
I found the formula on this polish to be good, it is thin but easy to get on the nail, the above pictures are with Poshe and Essie Beam Up base coats and 2 layers of polish,l there is no top coat, I'm not sure why, but there isn't.  There is a visible nail line with only 2 coats and I'm betting there would still be a slight VNL with three thin coats.  VNL doesn't bother me so it doesn't lessen my love of this polish one iota.  However, I did find a cure for the VNL

tips are Orly Liquid Vinyl

I put a coat of Seche Vite on after I did the tips, amaaaazing!
I can't even begin to describe how good this looked with black tips on it.  When the sun caught the glass flecks in the 108 Degrees it was mesmerizing.  I do have to say that 108 Degrees looks great without top coat, but Seche Vite took it to amazing.

I got more compliments on this manicure than any other including the compliment from the middle aged guy at my weekend amateur radio gathering.  108 Degrees will definitely be a go to color for summer, it's amazing, I'm going to have to go buy a second bottle, I like it that much.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment