Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Mani

What a weekend, with my husbands 20th high school reunion and whatnot, it's been pretty hectic.  I did manage to do a 4th of July mani that I am hoping will last through the actual 4th of July.

sunlight
flash inside
I did this design with China Glaze Ruby Pumps for the french tip, Sinful Colors Nail Art striper in Lagoon, and Sally Hansen Xtreme in White On for the dots.  I love how sparkly Ruby Pumps is, a feature of this polish that did not translate in the pictures very well.  I put a coat of China Glaze Love Letters and a coat of Seche Vite over the red tips before adding the blue smile line and white dots, and then another coat of Seche Vite over them after the striping and dotting.  I like this manicure, it wasn't what I had originally planned, and sometimes when I glance down at it I have flashbacks to playing Super Mario Brothers in the 80's. 

I had originally planned a white tip over a blue tip, and red sparkly lines on the white part of the tip, but I screwed up the blue tip and had to start over I managed to smurf myself removing Sally Hansen Xtreme Blue It, and spent two and a half hours de-smurfing and whitening my nails, after that I had zero desire to put any blue in any significant amount back onto my nails, so red it was.

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend, 4th of July for the American's and Canada Day for the Candians, I hope everyone stayed safe and happy.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment