Saturday, June 18, 2011

NOTD

Today I have for you an idea for that I got from a video of various nail designs by dollface22772.  It's a pretty simple french with a little bit of flair thrown in.  I used China Glaze Shocking Pink (neon) for the french and StripeRite white for the "flair".


China Glaze Shocking Pink (neon), China Glaze Love Letters, StripeRite white, SV.


Shocking pink is much brighter than it is showing up in this picture, it really is a neon pink, it reminds me of the 80's, but it's a color that looks good on, very fun and summery, and makes even my pale skin look a little tan.  This picture makes it look bubblegum/pepto pink, it is sooo much brighter than that.
 
I should not that on almost all of my french manicures where the color is just on the tip I put a layer of China Glaze Love Letters over it before I put on the top coat.  Love Letters is an extremely light pink nude jelly polish that is pretty much a french manicure color, you probably wouldn't really be able to see it on your nail if you wore it alone.  When put over other colors it doesn't perceptibly change the color but it helps even it out and gives your nail bed that wonderful jelly look.  It just makes the french look so much smoother.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment