Tuesday, June 14, 2011

summer pink and turquoise french

This is what my swatch of Revlon's Just Tinted in Victorian turned into.

base coat, 3 coats Victorian, 1 thick coat Blue Me Away, Seche Vite topcoat on all but ring finger, which has the sun added and an additional coat of SV.
Please excuse my funky cuticles, this mani has been on for 6 days , which is also why you can see tip wear.

Polishes used:
Pink: Revlon Just Tinted - Victorian
Turquoise: Sally Hansen Xtreme wear - Blue Me Away
Yellow: Icing - Butta

The sun was actually painted on to a ziploc bag allowed to dry and then transferred to my nail.  I painted it over a white so it would actually be vibrant when put over the darker pink and turquoise.

My husband actually picked out the tip color and I wasn't so sure until I put it on, and loved the way it looked, really summery, which is what I was going for.  The sun wasn't added until the next day when my son asked "so what? no design?".  Then I had to add one lol.

Hauled some stuff today but didn't get home until after dark so I couldn't take decent pictures, looks like it's going to be yucky and cloudy for the next day or two, just as long as the heat is gone for awhile I'm OK with that.

I stopped by a Dollar General that I hadn't been to yet, and bought:
Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Gunmetal and Purple Potion
Sally Hansen fastdry in How I Met Your Magenta
L.A. Colors Art Deco in purple/blue glitter
a bottle of Poshe nail strengthening treatment base coat on the clearance shelf for $1, I know who even knew that Dollar General had a clearance shelf.

Then I hit up Sally's Beauty supply and picked up:
China Glaze Lubu Heels
China Glaze Shower Together
Orly Here Comes Trouble
inm Northern Lights silver
Finger Paints Scenery Greenery which was on clearance for $1.99, guess they won't be carrying this color anymore
I also picked up 2 cute little bottles of Sally Girl polish, which I use mostly for nail art in 812097 which is a light holo blue and 812112 which is a medium pink with pink and holo glitter.

Hopefully I can get pictures of them tomorrow, the bottles at least not necessarily swatches lol.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment